I'm taking this research on the road!
It's official! AIA Seattle has generously offered to fund my research into family-friendly downtowns. The 2012 Emerging Professionals Travel Scholarship will allow me to research progressive design and policy initiatives in American and Canadian cities that encourage and support families with children to live more urban, rather than suburban lifestyles. You can check out my initial proposal below.
I couldn't be happier and am excited to get started. I will be looking to interview these "elusive" urban families as well as city officials and developers in each city I viist, so if you know of good contacts, please feel free to forward them along.
I will be visiting:
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Minneapolis, MN
- New York & Brooklyn, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Toronto, ON
- Washington, DC
- Vancouver, BC
Stay tuned for more details!